Broke and Bookish. Today's top ten Tuesday is a Freebie Week, so I'm going to steal their idea. It's top ten weird book habits or things.
1) I don't read library books (except for school research projects. haha). I can't stand them. I usually read pretty fast, but with a library book I read really slow. It's like because they give me a time limit, I have to take that long to read or not read. I usually never finish the book. Also the library books at my library are just gross.
2) I read faster with noise. I have no idea why. I have to have music playing when I read or do any homework. It helps me focus even though I have no idea why. Even people talking helps.
3) I have a Nook, but I don't really like to read on it. I do, however, get free samples of books that seem interesting. If I like the sample I read, then I go buy it.
4) I have my classics on a different spot in my room. They aren't on my main bookshelf.
5) My Harry Potter books are on my self above my bed.
6) Whoever borrows my books gets a ten minute lecture.
7) Someone borrowed Beastly by Alex Flinn. She destroyed it. She threw it on the floor. I almost killed it. I was so upset, that I told her that I thought that she probably liked it more then I did, so she could keep it. My friend told me, I should had been a lot meaner to her.
8) I like first-person books more. I'm less likely to read a book if it's in third-person.
9) I have a rule for hardcovers. It needs to be over 350 pages. I feel like $20 is a lot of money for a tiny book. There are, of course, some exceptions.
10) This is not on purpose, but whenever I'm about to take a longer break (because I have to do something type of break) from reading, I almost always end up on page 100 or 101. I don't know why.